Friday, January 8, 2010

serious about flowers






I got totally inspired the other week when I saw these flower hats on a website.
I have now made my own (cheaper) version.
All you need is a beanie hat, Velcro and fabric flowers (I got mine from dollar store)
I've sewn Velcro to the back of the flower and the beanie so that I can put a variety of different coloured flowers on the two beanies I own.
I've taken the flower apart so that there is no plastic backing, instead there is a button in the centre of each flower.
If your really committed to flower power then you can go for the 'serious' flower application which is the two in one extravaganza!
The is such a simple project and I love the end result.



5 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! Clever you - great idea making them interchangeable too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I think you should make flower hats for you and Sapphire as well because they look amazing. I might have to give it a go myself as they definitely cheer up an everyday beanie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look out St. Stephens! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abi these are too cute. Love that we're all still so creative ~ such a blessing. Love Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see she is still wearing the jummper it has done well has nt it mumx

    ReplyDelete